I Can Have It All

I Can Have It All

Sometimes I wish I was unambitious. I look at people who are content just plodding along and I wish I could be happy living like that. But, I’m wired to always be thinking of what’s next and never really feeling satisfied with what I have. It’s not a bad thing but it means that life becomes extremely hard to juggle.

Trying to blog, work a very demanding 9 – 5.30, while socialising, being a top girlfriend,  trying to keep the house in order and fitting in the gym to burn off the 2 stone I’ve been trying to get rid of for the past 5 years is bloody hard work. I’m quite often left feeling like I’m not good enough because I haven’t seen my friends in ages because I’m blogging on the weekends or I feel bad for having fun and not having the time to blog.

What I started to realise is yes, we all have the same amount of hours in the day and different people use them better than others but it doesn’t mean that I should feel bad for how I spend them. Whatsmore, it’s hard work trying to fit everything in but it’s doable at my own pace and it will pay off in the future.

It's Not Me, It's You - book and glasses

By working smarter and not harder, I can see my friends, write blog posts, hold down a job and do anything I want. Even just getting out of bed 10 minutes earlier can make a huge difference. That’s not to say that I am going to run myself into the ground. We all deserve a day or two hiding from responsibility with nothing more to keep us company that Netflix and a KFC Boneless Banquet.

What I am trying to say is that it is so easy to think that you aren’t doing as much as you should and most of the time you probably could be doing more but comparing yourself to others is counterintuitive. You can do everything you want to do, whether that’s sitting in front of the telly, seeing mates and write 5 blog post in one day.

I’m never going to happy watching life pass me by in a dead end job or one with no prospects, I’m still always going to want to have my side hustles because with a little hard work you can do it all.

itsnotmeitsyou12
itsnotmeitsyou12
Loved this post? Give it a share!

25 Comments

1. July 8, 2018 / 10:36 pm

I’ve had to start thinking about downtime as an investment in my happiness to get myself to not feel guilty when I’m not constantly working. I feel this.

2. July 9, 2018 / 7:30 am

This was a lovely little post. I saw that quote somewhere recently, might’ve been on a t-shirt and it got me thinking too. I’m not ambitious but I do wish I could get my head in gear to be slightly more productive with the time I get.

• July 9, 2018 / 8:15 am

Glad you liked it. I’m really trying to make the best use of my time at the moment but I feel like once I’ve got everything under control it will just become habit.

3. ruthinrevolt
    July 9, 2018 / 10:30 am

“I once saw a quote on a mug once that said, “We all have the same amount of hours as Beyonce” and for ages, it stuck with me and I used to beat myself up soooo bad for letting something slip. But, Do I have someone at my every beck and call who helps organise my life? Nope! And, do I have the money that Beyonce has? Most certainly not.”

I actually wrote something about similar to this a few months ago for a guest post but the post hasn’t been published yet. 🙁 However, I completely agree – we have to keep things in perspective. Beyoncé has plenty of extra pairs of hands to help her out and the money to make things happen!

I think it’s very admirable you’re juggling so much. You might not think you’re doing well all the time, but I think your drive is incredible! 🙂

• July 9, 2018 / 12:06 pm

Ahh that’s so very sweet of you! Do send me the guest post when it goes live, would love to read it!

4. July 9, 2018 / 2:34 pm

I have the same feeling all the time! I always feel guilty when I’m not doing something for my blog or when I’m not talking to my friends! Lovely blog post, Laura! 😊

Xoxo
    Shirley | https://shirleycuypers.blogspot.be

• July 10, 2018 / 6:56 am

It’s so horrible feeling like that but really it just shows that we are determined to succeed! Thanks chick.

5. July 9, 2018 / 5:18 pm

This is a really great post! I used to be so hard on myself, and I wanted to get so much done in one day. One day, I burnt myself out! I realized that while I was being productive, I was also being counterproductive in terms of how I was feeling after doing all those things. Great post xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

• July 10, 2018 / 6:58 am

Glad you liked it and can relate to it! It’s so easy to take too much on and burn yourself out! x

6. July 9, 2018 / 6:45 pm

I’ve been beating myself about not applying for more jobs or not finishing up blog posts, not making it to the gym, etc. But you’re right! They’re my hours and I can do what I wish with them. Doing things for me no matter what it is is what’s going to get me to the top and make me happier overall. ❤ Thanks for this!

Diana | http://www.thegoldenlining.com

• July 10, 2018 / 6:59 am

Ahh glad you can relate! Your time is your time and you can only do so much with it. Thanks for reading 😊

7. July 9, 2018 / 8:32 pm

I so needed to read this! I’ve been beating myself up because I haven’t been as active on my blog or any social media, really. But in that time I have spent loads of time with my girls as we prepare for the birth of our third daughter which is far more important than typing up a blog, to me. I needed this reminder. 💜

• July 10, 2018 / 7:00 am

Spending time with family, especially if you have another baby on the way is far more important than anything else. How lovely to have three daughters!

8. July 10, 2018 / 1:30 pm

Great post! I always feel so guilty for not utilizing my free time more and then moaning about nothing changing in my life.
    Also how great is Everything I know about Love? Read it in two days!

xoxo

• July 10, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Thanks! Omg, it’s so good. I never have time to read (ironically considering this post) but what I have read so far is amazing. X

9. July 10, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Really enjoyed this post, juggling life is so difficult sometimes!x

10. July 11, 2018 / 1:30 pm

I get this feeling all the time! I work a 9-5 job and in my free time I’m like I need to blog, see friends, do life admin etc etc that sometimes it’s hard do fit it all in xx

11. July 12, 2018 / 1:42 am

“I’m quite often left feeling like I’m not good enough because I haven’t seen my friends in ages because I’m blogging on the weekends or I feel bad for having fun and not having the time to blog” – this is so ME. Very relatable post. It’s really hard to balance everything!

• July 12, 2018 / 11:56 am

Glad you can relate and it’s not just me! Thanks for reading 🙂

12. July 14, 2018 / 1:38 am

Loved this, it’s so hard juggling everything! I work part-time, study full time & blog. Trying to fit in a social life and downtime alongside it is hard, it’s definitely all about organization and making sure you do have some days of doing nothing!

• July 14, 2018 / 8:40 am

I’m so bad at the days of doing nothing though. I just feel so guilty but they are so important!

Subscribe to It's Not me, It's You. via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive exclusive content to your inbox. I won't bombard you with posts - promise!

I will also not unlawfully store you data and you can opt out at any time.